Skip to content
PainPod: pain to brain blockerPainPod: pain to brain blocker
- You feel pain when receptors in the affected area conduct pain signals to your brain via your central nervous system. It’s then that you might reach for a packet of painkillers.
- By applying PainPod’s BioPads to the affected area instead, you deliver gentle targeted electrical nerve stimulation pulses through your skin to your nerve endings.
- Because PainPod is applied externally, it only ever works on the peripheral nervous system.
- So unlike painkillers, which enter your body (with all the contingent side effects) to work on your brain’s perception of pain, PainPod ‘closes your pain gate’ at the pain site blocking pain signals from travelling to your brain.
- In the meantime – again unlike painkillers – PainPod sets to work in tune with your body to promote healing.